In RapidUI, you can create your own slider - which can help users view slides in a simple and intriguing display.
The first step in creating a Rapid Slider is creating the slider's objects - arrows, bullets, or both.
- Go to the Rapid Elements section in the Elements panel, and open Slider Objects
- Create you slider object - bullets/arrows (detailed below)
- Select ALL of the objects you have created (there should be at least one slider object - arrows/bullets, and an image/div that should slide) and click Rapid Slider
- Go to the options panel to set your slider options
Here are the slider components:
1. Creating Slider objects (Rapid Bullets/arrows)
If you want to use arrows to trigger slides, the first step in creating a Rapid Slider is creating Rapid Arrows. In order to create Rapid Arrows, follow these steps:
- Open the Slider objects section (can be found in Rapid Elements)
- Select the object you wish to turn into an arrow (two arrows required)
- Click Rapid Arrow
Slider bullets are objects that enable sliding and are the representation of the number of slides in your slider.
How it works: The Rapid Bullets tool tries to identify a unique bullet from all of the selected objects, in order to create a MARKED bullet. Therefore it requires all bullets to look exactly the same - except for one, which will be styled differently in order to be picked by the rapid bullets tool as the ACTIVE bullet.
There are 4 ways to identify the bullets when using the Rapid Bullets tool:
- 1 image of all of the bullets - in this case, the image will be split to separate images (requires transparent background)
- A container that contains all bullet images
- Selecting div objects - each one will be a bullet
- A container that contains all bullet div's - each one will be a bullet
In order to create bullets out of your designs:
- Go to the Slider objects section (can be found in Rapid Elements)
- Select the objects you wish to turn into bullets
- Click Rapid Bullets
Remember - There is no need to upload several photos to the same spot (one on top of the other - usually for sliders, galleries, etc.). This will only slow down the uploading process and will upload unnecessary photos. Simply use one image, and after turning it into a slider in RapidUI, add the other images.
2. Creating your slider
1. Once you're done creating your slider elements, select ALL of the objects you wish to turn into a slider (there should be at least one slider object - arrow/bullets, and an image/div)
2. Head to the Slider objects section (can be found in Rapid Elements)
3. Click Rapid Slider
Editing your slider:
Once your slider is all set up, you can change the different slider images (or different objects within the slide). First, switch to user mode, move to the slide you'd wish to change and head back to editor mode. Pick the relevant slider image and drag the image you'd like to appear in the specific slide. The selected image should appear as part of the slider.
The slider picture can also be replaced using the options panel when marked on the selected slide.
And that's it! your slider should be up and ready to go.