A menu is a great way to manage your content while helping users navigate through your site. In this guide, you'll learn how to create your own web menu in RapidUI.
The first step in creating an interactive menu is creating the menu's links, buttons, and hover style.
- Head to the ‘Interactions’ panel and open the ‘Menu Elements’ section
- Select the elements you wish to turn into links or buttons (detailed below). If one of the links in the menu has a different styling than the others, it will apply the menu's hover styling
- Select all of the elements you wish to turn into a menu (must consist of at least one link) and click ‘Menu’
The ‘Link’ feature is used to quickly create a link. You can link objects to an external URL, move to another page in the site, scroll within the same page, dial a phone number, or add custom code. You must create at least one link in order to create a menu.
In order to apply a hover effect in your menu, make one of the links in a different styling than the others. It will apply as the menu's hover styling.
- Select the element you wish to turn into a link
- Click ‘Link’ (can be found in ‘Interactions’ under ‘Menu Elements’)
- Go to the ‘Options’ panel and choose the action you want the link to have
- After creating all of your links/buttons, select all of the objects you wish to turn into a menu (must consist of at least one link) and click ‘Menu’
If you wish to turn your menu into a "Sticky Menu":
- Mark your menu
- Right-click and select "Pin on page"
And that's it! Now your menu is all set.