Welcome to our RapidUI publishing guide. Whether you want to use a custom domain, a rapidui.io domain, or export your site's code - you're only a few clicks away from a published website!
Publishing your site to a custom domain (only available to published sites):
In order to publish your site to a custom domain, you’ll have to buy one from a domain registrar service. Once you have purchased your domain, follow these instructions:
- In RapidUI studio, click the 'Publish' icon at the top right corner
- In order to select the 'Publish to a custom domain' option: click 'ADD HOSTING' to purchase hosting plan for your site
- Select the 'Publish to a custom domain' option and write your domain URL in the text box (you will then be asked to point your domain to our nameservers)
- Log-in to your domain registrar service account, and go to the DNS management panel
- Point your domain to our nameservers (may take up to 24 hours to update) - copy the nameservers available to you in the nameserver popup (pictured below) and paste them in the nameservers location through the DNS management
- Go back to the RapidUI studio and click ‘CONFIRM’
Remember: When updating your site (creating any changes), make sure to re-publish to your domain in order to see your changes online! Any changes to your site that are NOT published will NOT be viewed.
Redirect your current domain to a domain used in RapidUI:
It is possible to automatically direct your site's visitors to a domain used in RapidUI.
- Head to your domain registrar company, and go to domain settings
- Go to DNS settings
- Click add new host/website (name varies between domain registrar)
- Click redirect / connect
- Connect your existing domain to your domain used in RapidUI
Publishing your site in a Rapidui.io domain:
The easiest and fastest (and FREE!) way to put your site online. You’ll be able to see your site in a browser, without using your own domain (and with a small RapidUI banner):
- Click the 'Publish' icon at the top right corner of RapidUI studio
- Select 'Publish under RapidUI Domain'
- Click 'Publish’
- Click the link that appears in the message box in order to view your published site